All horror, all the time. Mostly film, but some books too. And random thoughts about fear, violence, and the art of storytelling. And the pleasure of a pop culture obsession.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

REC 2 is coming!

http://www.rec2themovie.com/

Can't wait. I saw "Quarantine" first. (I see all movies with "quarantine" in the title. ) I loved the pacing. The movie starts so slowly and accelerates almost unnoticed at first, then hysterically until the viewer can hardly breathe. I immediately rented the original Spanish REC and it was even better. The subtitles disappeared halfway through the film - they were totally superfluous as the story pounded along.

Like most contemporary movies, the technical details were perfect. Were filmmakers sitting in on all those bioterrorism and emergency management classes I took?

VOD June 4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment